As Emmaus re-gathers for outside worship, we recognize the value of in-person corporate worship. At the same time, the coronavirus poses real risks, and we are committed to adapting practices that make worship safer.
Emmaus leadership and staff have developed a plan that reflects guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. However, please note that even the best designed and implemented plan will not eliminate risk of transmission of COVID-19.
The live stream of our morning service will continue. We particularly encourage those in high-risk groups to join us in this virtual setting to protect themselves from infection. If you would be more comfortable worshiping at home, access our livestream services here [https://emmauschurch.org/live/].
You can read our entire Preparedness Plan here [https://emmauschurch.org/about/contact-us/covid-19-preparedness-plan/]. If you choose to worship in person, here are some important things you will notice:
- Please RSVP your planned attendance with the church office to aid planning.
- Please self-screen your whole family for COVID-19 symptoms prior to attending.
- A limited number of parking spots will be available for those who wish to attend but remain in their cars. (However, we will not broadcast audio, so worshipers will likely need to roll windows down to hear the service.)
- In what will undoubtedly be the biggest change for Emmaus, congregants are asked to arrive at services a little early so that we can be ushered to seating locations while observing social distancing.
- We ask all of those over age 2 to bring and wear a mask while being seated unless a medical condition advises against it. (Masks can be removed once you are seated.) Free masks will be available to those who forget to bring one.
- Bring your own lawn chairs or blankets for seating.
- If we have bulletins, they will be self-serve and made available on a table near the entry to the gathering space. If communion is served, individually packaged communion packs will also be placed on this table for you to pick up as you enter.
- The ground will be marked so that households maintain social distancing during the service.
- Worshipers will be dismissed from the back to the front and asked to exit directly.